As the next phase of the Highways 6 and 401 Improvements, the new Highway 6 / Hanlon Expressway Midblock Interchange will:
- Help alleviate congestion on local roads;
- Enhance the safety and capacity of the Highway 6 / Hanlon Expressway;
- Provide an improved link between the Guelph area and Highway 401; and
- Bring the province one step closer to improved connectivity between Hamilton and Guelph and bypassing traffic around Morriston.
Aligns with the ongoing provincial and municipal plans:
- Greater Golden Horseshoe Transportation Plan (ongoing);
- Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe (2020);
- Greenbelt Plan (2017);
- Guelph-Wellington Transportation Study (2005); and
- Wellington County Official Plan (2021).