- The construction staging will be determined by the Design-Build contractor to minimize the Project costs and impacts to the travelling public while conforming to requirements set by Ministry of Transportation.
- It is anticipated that four construction seasons will be required to complete this work.
- During construction of the new interchange, the existing at-grade intersections at Wellington Road 34 and Maltby Road will remain open.
- It is anticipated that Highway 6 / Hanlon Expressway will remain open to traffic during the entirety of construction, with the exception of limited nighttime full closures and short-term single lane closures during off-peak periods.
- Temporary road closures and detours will be required to facilitate installation of bridge girders, construction of the Wellington Road 34 structure, and reconstruction of Concession Road 7.
- Local access to private property and businesses will be maintained and property owners will be consulted if there are any changes to property access.
1 min read