The following are key refinements from the Preliminary Design previously presented at the Public Information Centre for Highways 6 and 401 Improvements (G.W.P. 3042-14-00) held virtually February 24 - March 10, 2021:
- Traffic signals at Wellington Road 34 / Concession Road 7 intersection have been replaced with a single-lane roundabout;
- Traffic signals have been removed from recommended plan at the Wellington Road 34 / Midblock Connection Road intersection, and at the Concession Road 7 / Midblock Connection Road intersection;
- Emergency vehicle turnarounds along Highway 6 / Hanlon Expressway:
- South of Wellington Road 34 at existing turnaround location; and
- North of existing Maltby Road / Concession Road 4 intersection.
- Reduced impacts to SAR bat habitat.